Thursday, September 27, 2007

Q / A with Ole Miss Blogger

This week I did a Q / A with Seth from Hotty Toddy Blog about the Georgia vs. Ole Miss game. Here are the answers.

1. How does Ole Miss expect to stop Georgia RB tandem of Knowshon Moreno and Thomas Brown?
Our defense is young but talented. They showed great improvement from the Vanderbilt game to the Florida game. We were able to hold Florida to 30 points. The bottom line for our D is tackling. Our D has speed but we've had way too many missed tackles. The best way for us to stop your run game is to make our tackles.

2. The Ole Miss player gave everything they had against Florida last week. How do you see this affecting them coming into this week?
I think it only helps. What we need most is confidence. Almost defeating the national champions is a great boost. I don't see a let down.

3. What are the keys for an Ole Miss win?
Tackling!
Establishing a run game to keep your offense off the field.
Making TD's instead of Field Goals in the red zone. (We had 4 field goal attempts against Florida. If one of those would have been a TD we would have won.

4. What are you most worried about playing Georgia?
There are a lot of things that I worry about playing Georgia in Athens, but the one that is at the top of my list is our defense. We have to make tackles and hold GA to three and out.

5. What is your prediction for the game?
I believe this will be a close game. I am going with a toss-up.

I'd like to end by thanking Seth for taking the time to answer my question about this weeks game and to wish Ole Miss good luck with the rest of their season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A toss up? I know this guy is an Ole Miss blogger, but they are 0 for 9 in SEC road games under Orgeron.

Everybody thinks they can beat us now. We are in big trouble if we lose this one as Ole Miss is neck and neck with Troy for the worst team left on our schedule. That's not a slam against them - look at the schedule and tell me otherwise.