Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mark Richt

Some posters on the internet are calling for the immediate firing of Coach Richt. While I believe that we have a coach that needs to be fired , Mark Richt is not the one. Coach Martinez is not the one either. The coach that needs to be let go is none other than the following.



That's right.....John Eason. He consistently makes highly recruited WR's unable to even catch a cold. After the Oklahoma State game I had hoped Georgia had turned the corner in that regard, but the old nemesis reared it's ugly head against South Carolina. Dropped passes cost Georgia the game.

Now I saw a post on a Georgia message board that i thought was funny. Maybe Eason shouldn't be fired. He should just be moved to another coaching position!

"Eason shouldn't be fired. He should be made the secondary coach. Few in the history of the game have shown such an ability to prevent talented wide receivers from catching the football."

3 comments:

Ally said...

I gotta disagree - I don't think it was Eason's fault that some passes were dropped Saturday. Stafford clearly wasn't on his game. Passes were overthrown, tossed behind the receiver, etc. Sure there were a few wtf?? moments, but I'm not ready to hand him his walking papers just yet. It was a bad day all around, but OK State gave me hope. Alabama will tell me a lot. I may be back to eat my words after that game.
Martinez on the other hand...
Question: We both are Dawgs in South Carolina - how brutal has your week been so far?

Carolina Dawg said...

My thoughts on Eason don't come from just the South Carolina game. It's what I've seen from our receivers over the last few years. The receivers just don't play with the intensity that I feel they should be playing with.

With me living in South Carolina, this past weeks game means much more to me than many others. Needless to say it's been a rough week so far!

Ally said...

Yeah, I agree about Eason's past, believe me. I just saw noticeable improvement with OK State and am still hoping that it wasn't just a one time deal.
Like I said, if our receivers tank at Albama or even against W. Carolina, then I'll start the petition myself.
I'm with 'ya - I hate SCUm like I hate UF or Tech. If I hear one more crackolina freak tell me the dawgs are now "owned" by SCUm I'm gonna lose my mind and my sweet, southern girl temperment.