Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Let the Trash Talk Begin!

Much like Pat Dye's statement that "Georgia wasn't man enough to beat Alabama", it seems that the trash talk has already started flying thanks to Satan's, I mean Saban's boys in Tuscalooser.

Alabama defensive end Wallace Gillberry had this to say about Matt Stafford "I don't know anything about him." Not to bad if he had stopped at that statement, but he didn't. He followed with this. "But after the game Saturday, I can tell you anything you want to know -- his birthday, his telephone number, his home address. I'm serious, because I will know. I've got to know where to send the flowers after the game."

He then stated this "I don't talk trash."
Not sure how things work in Alabama, but here in South Carolina and where i grew up in Savannah, GA that is definately considered trash talk.
I just hope that this is posted in the locker room for our offensive linemen to see.

4 comments:

Ally said...

People in Alabama are going nuts over being undefeated 3 games into the season and the players are following suit.
Honestly I hope they run their mouths and make asses of themselves. If we can't make 'em pay for it, someone will. They are not unstopable by any stretch of the imagination!

Memphis Tider said...

If you read the full story over at BamaOnline.com, Gilberry, who is truly a class act, was laughing the whole time he said it. He laughed afterwards and said "I'm just kidding. I don't trash talk."

So, y'know, if you're gonna report that he's trash talking...at least tell it like it is. He's just being a goofy 22 year old college kid.

Lookin forward to Saturday!

Carolina Dawg said...

I reread the story. I never saw anything saying that he was laughing the whole time he did the interview.

But, it doesn't matter. Laughing or not it shows that he is taking Georgia lightly.

Anonymous said...

I too am looking forward to Saturday!
We have a bunch of youngsters who probably can't stay on the field (wink, wink) with Alabama, but we will try an make it entertaining.
Truthfully, I don't think Saban will
be playing so even though we are young, I like our chances!

Buckle up your chin straps boys!
Go Dawgs!