Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ole Miss at Georgia Prediction






Georgia always plays great on the road, unfortunatelt this game is at home where the Dawgs have seemed to have trouble recently. However that will not be a problem this week against Ole Miss. Under Coach O Ole Miss has not had many signature wins and are 1-3 this year with losses to Vanderbilt, Florida and Missouri and their lone win coming against Memphis.

All time Georgia is 29-12-1 in 42 games against Ole Miss. The Rebels defensive line has not shown the ability to pressure the QB so far this season and the DB's and LB's are having problems defending the mid range pass, which has been a staple for Georgia so far this season.
My Prediction: Ole Miss keeps this one close thru 3 quarters but Georgia pulls away in the fourth and wins by 10.
Georgia Win 31-21

5 comments:

Ally said...

I don't know. I'm a little worried about this one. Not to beat a dead horse, but we do have a history of playing down to "lesser opponents." Add to that the fact that Ole Miss just scared UF and they likely have revenge on their minds after last year's game.
It could be tighter than most think.

Anonymous said...

10 points is pretty darned close. People are putting too much into the fact that Ole Miss "almost" beat UF at home.

Ole Miss was handled pretty easily by Vandy in their last road game. They are probably the worst team left on our schedule(neck and neck between them and Troy) so it doesn't bode well for us going forward if we really struggle with them.

Carolina Dawg said...

I expect the game to be close for numerous reasons, Seth Adams and BenJarvus Green Ellis are playing well this year, the team played well against Florida, and almost beat us last year(thank god for some missed calls by the refs).

I also predicted the game to be this close becuase we have a habit of playing down to our competitions level.

All that being said, I'll be really happy with a 10 point win.

dean said...

Carolina DAWG,
I feel your pain brother. I'm also a DAWG in chicken country. Although I live about 30 mins. from Augusta it's still heavily garnet and black. So life has sucked for me since September 8th. My wife and her entire family are poultry patriots and have been giving me grief for 2 weeks.

Julie Kelly said...

We have just moved away from Athens, and this is the first one we can't watch on TV as a result. I can't even figure out how to listen on the radio - husband took his XM out of town. Waaaah :( Who wants to watch UNC football?!?