Friday, September 14, 2007

Delusional !!!

I've used that word alot lately. Mostly in referring to other teams fans. Oklahoma State's when they were saying that OSU would score 50 in Athens. Yardbird U's fans, well just because they are Lamecock fans!

Now I have to direct that term at Georgia's fans. We are delusional!

We as a fanbase have come down extremely hard on botht the Georgia coaches and players for the loss to South Carolina. But before the season I saw many of the same fans predicting a 9-4 or 8-5 season for the Dawgs. Which way is it gonna be? Did the Oklahoma State game change what you knew to be true before the start of the season? Did you buy into the hype?

I have to admit that I did buy into the hype to a certain extent, after that win I raised my expectations to a 10-2 season with a thought of winning the SEC East. But the Oklahoma State game did not change the facts. Georgia is a very young talented team. That talent may very well win us a few games that we should not win, however the youth will also cost us a few games that we should win.

Sit back, relax, pour yourselves another frosty beverage and cut the players and coaches some slack. The players read the message boards and blogs and some of the comments I have seen are completely uncalled for. These comments do bother the players!


There was an article written this summer about Carlos Thomas (#5 on SC's D).

He talked about how he started off well last year but then got a little down on himself after a bad game. He then talked about how he read the message boards and the gamecock fans were just crucifying him on the message boards.

He talked about the passion of wanting to play vs. the passion of wanting to please the fans. He admitted when he was playing games sometimes qoutes he had seen about himself would come up in his mind. Stuff like, "Carlos sucks" and "...this guy is no D1 player".

He said he realized he was going to read some stuff sometimes but during games those qoutes would just pop up in his mind and doubt would set in.

Then he went on to say that he expected to bounce back this year and he was going to stay away from message boards on the internet.

You would think that would be the end of player
bashing from the fans right?
Please think before you post and don't trash the plasyers. You never know how much damage you could do. Also I would like to thant USCisCarolina from Cockytalk.com for the quote above and resharing the story with me.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Hey,
I jsut noticed the new SC flag graphic you have on the right side of your site. I love it! Can you tell me where you found that?
I would love to put it on my site as well...that is if you wouldn't mind me blatently stealing your idea!
Shoot me an email (addy is in my profile)or lv a msg on my site if you have the time. Thanks!
Go Dawgs!