Friday, February 1, 2008

Delusional Fans or as the Gamecock Turns

This past football season has barely ended and the talk of football domination at South Carolina in ’08 has already begun. Who would have thought? I dropped into the gamecock forums today and in one thread found these gems!

Cocklover said
“I don't see any reason why we can't be 5-0 to start the season off. GO COCKS!!!”

Let me point out a few flaws here Cocklover……..NC State to start the season, hope you play better than this past years opener, Vanderbilt ( didn’t you have a loss last year ), GEORGIA in game 3, Old Ball Sack doesn’t have all off season to prepare this year. Now you finish this 5 game stretch with Wofford and UAB. MY guess on Carolina’s start? 2-3……3-2 at best.

CockyTalkin said
“Everybody just needs to get ready to win a lot of football games. I'm going to go with my perennial prediction of an undefeated season. Why??? Because I'm not psychic, and there isn't one guaranteed loss on our schedule. If we were a bottom tier SEC team like Vandy, or UK, or MSU I would probably have to say we were headed for a couple of guaranteed losses.”

You sir are correct, no guaranteed losses…..but if I was you I wouldn’t bet the house on the Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, and Clemson games. Oh and Kentucky is a bottom tier SEC team???? Didn't they win a Bowl game this year while you were home for Christmas?
CockRoche said
“Won't even speculate what we'll do, but I'm not sold on UGA just yet. UT beat them pretty badly and they should have lost to Vandy. OK, they beat a Florida team who's defense isn't that good, plus they were kind of due to beat the Gators. UGA was incredibly pumped for that game, but for some reason, I feel pretty good about our game with them.”

This is good to know, so no excuses this year???? Please!

1 comment:

Kaleidoscope Truths said...

Get used to that kind of reaction...Dawgs are an amazing, one of a kind SEC powerhouse...people need to deal with it.