Friday, August 3, 2007

Oklahoma State Fans

Ok, so over the last few weeks I've been visiting a couple of Oklahoma State fansites. Seems to me that they have some of the most uninformed fans in the Country. Take this post for Example:

SportingOrange: "Georgia to be honest really doesn't
worry me in this game. No gamebreakers or recievers for the talented Stafford to throw to. only 3 returning starters on D. I would be nervous if Gerogia had a high powered offense but as far as I know, I have never seen Georgia just light it up. I also hope they try to over power OSU. I
know Richt better than that. I bet they try and come out passing. Trying to over power us is a little too predictable and Mark richt is abetter coach than that. I really don't think Georgia has the experience or talent to keep up with us. I know I sound pretty bold but I don't care. I know a W when I see one and thats with any team. If Georgia were to play Texas A&m on Sept 1 I would take aTm also. This is too early for Georgia to be playing us. I think they are in over their head on this one and they know it."

Now the Experience part I can understand, but lack of talent. Is this guy crazy or is he ignorant? He actually had me questioning this so I decided to look it up. Over the last 5 years, since that is the furthest back that players could be left on the team. According to Rivals.com and Scout.com:

Rivals.com:
2003 - Georgia 6th , OkSU 15th
2004 - Georgia 6th , OkSU 37th
2005 - Georgia 10th , OkSU 42nd
2006 - Georgia 4th , OkSU 22nd
2007 - Georgia 9th , OkSU 30th
Scout.com
2003 - Georgia 11th , OkSU 29th
2004 - Georgia 6th , OkSU 33rd
2005 - Georgia 4th , OkSU 64th
2006 - Georgia 4th , OkSU 16th
2007 - Georgia 17th , OkSU 24th


Appears to me that the talent level leans heavily towards Georgia. But I'll let you figure it out yourself.

The next statement really got under my skin.

Deuce Said "Thomas Brown is a nobody. "


What is this guy smoking, corn must not be the only thing they grow in Oklahoma!

Lets look at Thomas Browns Stats while sharing time with 2 other big time running backs and playing against some of the top defenses in the country.
2006* - 62 rushes - 256 yards - 4.1 average - 1 TD
2005 - 147 rushes - 736 yards - 5.0 average - 4 TD's
2004 - 172 rushes - 875 yards - 5.1 average - 8 TD's
* Hurt 6th game of the season.


No comments: